Kochi: The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has invited applications for the National Talent Search Examination for the students studying abroad in Class X. The examination is conducted every year at two levels: Stage-I (State Level) and Stage-II (National Level). However, the students studying abroad are exempted for State Level Stage-I of NTS examinations as per NTS Scheme. The National Level Stage II NTS Exam will be held on 8 May 2016 (Sunday) at 36 centres in India.
Eligibility for Scholarship: If a candidate is selected, the scholarship shall be paid for pursuing studies in India only.
Reservation: 15% for students belonging to the SC category, 7.5% for students belonging to the ST category and 3% for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
Qualifying Marks: Qualifying marks for candidates from General category is 40% in each paper and for candidates from SC, ST, PH is 35% in each paper. Language Test is qalifying in nature and marks obtained for Language Test will not be counted for final merit.
The pattern of stage II Examination is as follows:
Paper Test No. of QuestionsNo. of Marks Duration (in mnts)
Paper-I Mental Ability Test (MAT) 50 50 45
Paper-II Language Test (LT)
English/Hindi 50 50 45
Paper-III Scholastic Aptitude
Test (SAT) 100 100 90
At Stage-II (National Level) Exam, there will be negative marking in each paper. For each wrong answer 1/3rd marks will be deducted. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
Indian Students Studying Abroad in Class X can appear directly for Stage II NTS Examination under conditions prescribed by the NCERT website. Details of the exam are also available on NCERT website (http://www.ncert.nic.in). Candidates may fill up the Application Form, available on the NCERT website and send to the undersigned along with a photocopy of the mark sheet of previous examination through post latest by February 29th, 2016.
1. Use Legal (8.5” x 14”) size paper for taking print.
2. Incomplete/wrongly filled in application forms are liable to be rejected.
3. The Indian Students Studying Abroad should fill the relevant items of the application forms and should forward it to NCERT along with Class IX mark sheet latest by February 29, 2016 for consideration.
4. Please mention the name of State/ UT, where the candidate wants to appear in the national level NTS examination, in the covering letter.
5. Applicants are requested to refer/consult the application form, published by the States/ UTs, for caste category reservation. Some options of Caste Category (like OBC, Other 1 and Other 2), given in the form are applicable for the State/ UT only. No reservation will be given against these categories by the NCERT in the national level examination.
6. NCERT is not responsible, if any other item, which is not given in the common application form, has been included by the State/UT.
Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 29th February 2016