Home >> Content >> Salient Features of JoSAA 2015
Salient Features of JoSAA 2015
A Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2015 has been set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation for admissions to 87 institutes for the academic year 2015-16. This includes 18 IITs, ISM, 31 NITs, 18 IIITs and 18 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs). Admission to all the academic programs offered by these Institutes will be made through a single platform from this year.
All the candidates who appeared for JEE (Main) 2015 / JEE (Advanced) 2015 should take note of the following important points:
- All candidates who have appeared in JEE (Main) 2015 are eligible to register for seat allocation in NIT+ system (except IITs & ISM).
- All candidates who have declared qualified in JEE (Adv) 2015 are eligible to register for seat allocation in all participating Institutes.
- Filling-in of choices: Candidates may fill-in their choices of Institutes and branches in decreasing order of their preference. Candidates are strongly urged to fill-in as many choices as possible.
- Locking of choices: Candidates MUST “lock” their choices. For candidates who do NOT lock their choices, their last saved choices will be locked automatically when the time-window for filling-in of choices closes.
- Number of rounds of seat allocation: JoSAA will conduct four rounds that is 1st through 4th rounds of seat allocation for academic programs offered by Institutes under JoSAA 2015.
- Candidates getting first allotment at any NIT, IIIT (Triple-I-T) or Other-GFTI must report at the nearest CSAB Reporting Centre (for list, visit JoSAA website) with fee deposit e-challan and documents for verification and confirmation of provisional admission.
- Candidates getting first allotment in any IIT/ISM must report at IIT Reporting Centre (for complete list, visit JoSAA website) with fee deposit e-challan and documents for verification and confirmation of provisional admission.
- At the time of reporting, a candidate is required to fill option for ‘freeze’, ‘slide’ or ‘float’ the choice of academic program.
- DUAL REPORTING: If in a subsequent round, a candidate’s allotment from NIT+ system changes to an IIT/ ISM, the candidate MUST report ONCE AGAIN at an IIT reporting centre, similarly if a candidate’s allotment from IIT/ISM changes to an NIT+ system, the candidate MUST report ONCE AGAIN at any NIT+ reporting centre, failure to do so will result in forfeiture of seats allocated in both NIT+ system and IIT/ISM.
- Help Centres: Candidates may contact Help Centres for queries on registration and filling-in of choices. A list of help centres also will be available on the JoSAA web site.
Important: Candidates will get ONLY ONE CHANCE for the following activities:
- Registration – Candidates who do NOT register within the specified time window WILL NOT be able to seek admission for this academic year
- Filling-in of choices – Candidates who do NOT fill-in choices within the specified time window WILL NOT be able to seek admission for this academic year
- Dual Reporting: Two times reporting required in case of seat allotment changes from NIT+s system to IITs/ISM and vice versa.
- Up-gradation of choices – once filled-in, choices CANNOT be modified later.